– Assets of green tourism
– Key formulas of green tourism
– Where to do ecotourism?
Ecotourism is a relatively new form of tourism. It consists of responsible travel in natural environments, where the resources and the well-being of the populations are preserved.
In concrete terms, it is a form of sustainable tourism where the discovery of nature and the environment are at the forefront. Let’s see closer below.
Advantages of green tourism
Green tourism consists in respecting ecosystems, even contributing to their restoration while seeking to reduce their ecological footprint.
But green tourism is also a way to travel differently:
– ecotourism allows us to get out of the purely mercantile relationship, which is not satisfactory either for those who pay or for those who receive;
– It also allows you to get out of overcrowded areas, discover quieter places and less frequented paths, to take the time to savor the moments spent together;
– Thus, it is a guarantee of a non-stressful and revitalizing vacation;
– Moreover, ecotourism allows you to think about your impact on the environment at every moment.
Furthermore, this form of tourism allows for experiences that are adapted to the circumstances of one’s life. This can mean:
– choosing an accommodation close to nature;
– limiting one’s impact on the environment (limiting disposable items, sorting waste, avoiding the car as much as possible);
– taking the time to discover natural species, plants, birds, animals, etc.
Ecotourism is often fun and allows you to experience exciting vacations, far from mass consumption and its inconveniences.
Fundamental formulas of green tourism
Green tourism is not reserved for hardcore environmentalists. However, it does include the following:
– water and energy-efficient accommodation close to nature, such as green lodges or cabins;
– a reasoned and local consumption;
– a contribution to the local economy and artisanal know-how.
Green tourism always rhymes with ethics. Rather than destroying the environment and local life forms, it is about enhancing them and benefiting from them in a respectful relationship with everyone. It is a respectful and coherent form of tourism.
Green tourism also uses less polluting, slower, and more fun means of transportation: caravan, barge, boat, donkey, bike rides (with a trailer for children), etc.
These modes of travel leave unforgettable memories for children and their parents! In this respect, green tourism is similar to “slow travel“.
Where to do ecotourism?
You can do green tourism anywhere in the world. This form of tourism is elementary to adopt in countries like France, where a specific association has existed since 2005, the French Association of Ecotourism. There are also other national ecotourism associations in Europe and Australia.
At the global level, the World Tourism Organization has defined “ecological and sustainable tourism” as a “sustainable” response to the worrying rise of mass tourism that contributes to the destruction of ecosystems and the environment.
8 out of 10 people declare they are ready to adopt eco-consumer behavior during their stay. They say they are prepared to choose a pro-ecology destination and to opt for a less polluting mode of transport.
However, only 4% have opted for a responsible or sustainable tourism offer. Think about it! It is, however, a good opportunity since green tourist places are peaceful and not overcrowded.
Hope this post has helped you get an idea of the guiding principles of ecotourism. Please remember to jot down a few words in the comments below and share your experience with our readers. Should you wish to read something more specific, let us know, and we’ll gladly get back to you.